View Single Post
Old 11-26-13, 12:36 PM
NoviceJohn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buzzatronic
I got passed today really close by a local police cruiser, felt like a typical punish pass. My question is what's the upside (if any) of reporting this? I have it on video but based on my previous dealings with the PD regarding footage like this, they don't seem to care much unless I'm actually hit by a car. I have to wonder if they'll care even less when it's one of their own on film putting me in danger.

I guess my biggest concern is being harassed if I report this. I ride these streets 3-5 days a week and I certainly don't want to get put on any "list".

Anyone have any advice or stories to share for when the police are the drivers putting you in danger on the road?
if this happens often in your area or to you personally, I say file a report. If nothing happens, then I say get the recording (if you have a camera strapped on), go to the media, and see where that goes. When your local PD refuse to act, the media will make them because the PD chief, just like any other political position, doesn't want bad press of any kind. When the chief gets bad press, the mayor gets bad press because it makes him / her look like they're not doing their job.