Old 11-26-13, 02:44 PM
KenshiBiker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the Dinotte XML-3. I use it on my helmet. I also have a Niterider Lumina 650 mounted on my bars. In the rear I have a Dinotte 300L and a couple of Niterider Solas (one up high, and one on a seat stay or rack). My commute starts at 6:00 am on mostly unlit streets, until I get to a totally unlit MUP. It's only once I get off the MUP (about 6 to 13 miles down the MUP, depending on the route) that I get to streets with lights.

I can tell you that I find the combination of the XML-3 and Lumina 650 to be almost perfect. It's actually more light than I need, so I run both on "medium", though once in a while I'll dial it up. Since everything is USB chargeable, I just bring the battery pack for the XML-3, the Lumina 650, and all three tail lights into the office and charge them while I'm at work. By the time I'm ready to go, so are they.

The battery pack for the XML-3 bothers me a lot less than I thought it would. I ended up just taking a nylon web belt and threading that through the slots on the battery pack so I can wear it on my waist - I usually forget it's there soon after I strap it on. Much better than in a jersey pocket.