Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by tzolandz
OK, rather than start a new thread, i figured i could ask in this one....

i bought my bike (KHS Vitamin B) in June and rode it all summer with no issues making minor tweaks along the way. In the past few weeks I put it up on a trainer - cycleops fluid 2, with cycleops block and the lowest height. Now when i ride i am getting sleepy junk. brought the sadddle up almost inch, no help. Moved it forward (thinking i was too far forward on it) - made it a bunch worse.

should i just put everything back where i started? any other thoughts?
Being able to bring the saddle up almost an inch and still be able to pedal is a bad sign, i.e. a sign that your fit is not even close. With one foot clipped in and the heel of your cycling shoe on the other pedal, rotate that pedal so that the crank is aligned with the seat tube. Your knee should be completely locked out with no pressure on the pedal, and without rocking your pelvis. Some people prefer a small gap between the heel of their shoe and that pedal, up to ~4mm.

Yes, look for a saddle that won't make you numb on the trainer and use the same saddle on the road. Standing every 10-15 minutes is a good idea, but you should be able to sit for an hour without going numb. Don't put up with it.