View Single Post
Old 12-03-13, 12:32 PM
BeSelfPropelled
Bicycle Evangelist

Bikes: Schwinn Home Grown Hard Tail, Schwinn Home Grown 4 Banger, Torelli Spada Road Bike, Santana Arriva Tandem, Dyno Cruiser - Single Rider Tandem Length Crusier, Trek 400 - My Commuter Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Schwinn Homegrown

The frame in the background is far sweeter and more collectible. It's a Schwinn Homegrown aluminum frame with a bass boat orange paint job. They were manufactured by Yetti out of Durango,CO and the Homegrown name meant it was made in the US. It was during the Schwinn Revival period when they were based in Boulder, CO and the Homegrowns were a statement about frames being outsourced to Taiwan by the big manufacturers. I bought it on Ebay and decided to buy all of the parts to build it up on Ebay mainly used. It has been an awesome bike. The photo below was taken on the Colorado Trail in Durango:

Yes, I'm wearing a GT shirt. I had a GT Karakoram but the frame got bent in a fall on the Porcupine Rim Trail in Moab and this was one of the replacements. I also have a Schwinn Homegrown 4 Banger full suspension bike which has a story all its own.

Enjoy the ride!
Be Self Propelled
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMGP0042.jpg (103.4 KB, 79 views)