Old 12-03-13, 05:50 PM
SmallFront

Bikes: Bullitt Milk Plus with Alfine 11s; Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
Interesting response considering that your earlier comment was "In Germany they have strict rules for bicycle lights, and for good reason."
Really, you think that is "interesting" (in other words, you're suggesting I'm being dishonest)?

Now, let me copy/paste the above quote verbatim, and the bold is my emphasis:

Originally Posted by genec
Interesting response considering that your earlier comment was "In Germany they have strict rules for bicycle lights, and for good reason."
I didn't say "we", now did I? No, I said "they", because I don't live there, nor am I a German. "Interesting"? Only that you didn't catch what I thought would be pretty obvious.

To give a summery response to your Q & A below, I suggest some practical cycling on fast multilane arterial roads in Southern California... then you can come back with your snappy quips.
Ah, yes, the usual response when someone is confronted with actual arguments but are unable to come up with some valid ones for his own claims: "You don't live where I live, therefore my behaviour is justified. And if I say that, I can safely ignore anything and everything anyone says against my behaviour".

And as to "What happened to being able to anticipate the traffic, and stop or slow down if you think someone in an intersection will potentially ram you?" Bit difficult to do when you are in the lane, moving with the flow of traffic, and some dunderhead tries making a left turn into you as they perceive you as a gap in traffic.
Ah, yes, and blinding him is the solution

I have biked in Rome and New York and backwaters in various parts of the world. It's not like I'm new to cycling in traffic. I guess since I don't attempt to blind other road users in a fit of vigilantism I am unsafe in traffic.

Have a nice day.
Yes, nothing like being called out on antisocial behaviour and then duck and run while insinuating that the person calling you out on it is dishonest.