View Single Post
Old 12-04-13, 06:47 AM
MrCjolsen

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, '85 Giant road bike (unrecogizable fixed-gear conversion

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
And why would someone not be confident of their on board charger? I've had mine now for 2 riding seasons and it charges the batteries just fine, it's a smart charger too instead of a timed charger that can overcharge batteries if their not run to dead prior to charging. My original light came with a battery that would not charge right, so I contacted Philips, they sent me a new light/charger/batteries and that one is fine. The huge advantage with using AA bats is that you can buy more at any store, but I would make sure the new bats have at least the same amp hour rating as the ones from the factory.
Originally Posted by MrCjolsen
Hmmm. I'll need to do a test run after having charged good batteries with the onboard charger. Do you think it was my batteries? As of right now, most of my rechargeables are at least a year old.
So I did a couple test runs with good batteries after using the onboard charger. Last night I rode home and it took 29 minutes for the first little blue indicator light to go out. When I shut the light off, it was 55 minutes and I still had two little blue lights going. I didn't charge it, and today I'll see how much longer it goes when I ride to work.