View Single Post
Old 12-06-13, 05:41 PM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
I ride with the Jax shop on Culver. We have a night ride that rolls out around 7:45 every Wednesday night. It's a no drop ride but we do tend to keep it around 16 mph (or faster if we have a fast group).

There's also the ARoadBike4U shop ride that starts at 6 pm every Wednesday as well. I think it starts back up in the spring when there's more light.

Originally Posted by iamtim
Ok, so, I'm a mid-40s guy who lives in La Habra. I've been riding consistently - albeit a bit fair-weatheredly - since 2005. (I work in Irvine so it's hard for me to get weekday rides during the months where it's cold and gets dark early; I have lights and warmer weather gear, but I think it's dangerous to ride at night alone even if well-lit. I'm not opposed to riding at night, just riding solo at night.) I'm not a racer; I ride for fitness and enjoyment, and tend to average 13-16 MPH.

I normally ride through La Habra/Hacienda Heights, down through La Mirada, or out through Brea. Ultimately I'd like to ride twice during the week and once on the weekends, but during this time of year it winds up being once on the weekends... twice if I can wrangle it.

So anyway, I'm looking for people in my area at my level with whom I can ride. If you're interested, or know any groups which might be a good fit, please let me know.