Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
LDL: 3.2 (125 US Scale)
Total: 5.27 (225 US)
Ah ... so your cholesterol is high then.

The limit here in Australia just dropped to 5. Doctors would like everyone to be below 5.
And your bad cholesterol should be below 2.0. So yours is quite high.

If Doctors here saw numbers like yours, they would drop a suggestion of a lifestyle change or the use of drugs to get it under 5.

I know because my total cholesterol is 5.4 and my LDL is exactly the same as yours at 3.2 ... and my Dr suggested a lifestyle change to me. She told me to cut the fat and refined sugars.

Incidentally, you might want to get checked periodically for colon cancer. Just in case ...

And how's your iron?

I could not eat the diet you're eating for several reasons. To name a few ...

1) Meat tastes bad, smells bad, and has an unappetising texture. My personal preferences.

2) My gallbladder would give me no end of grief. A plate of scrambled eggs can provide me with a night of agony ... add all the rest of that fat, and I'd probably be hospitalised.

3) My iron levels are at the high end of normal according to my most recent blood work. Sometimes my blood work shows iron levels into the high range. If I were to eat that much high-iron food, I'd start showing symptoms of Hemochromatosis.

I'll stick to my low-meat, low fat diet ... happier and healthier Machka.

Last edited by Machka; 12-07-13 at 03:18 AM.