Old 12-07-13, 11:13 AM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
I have a set of the Hy/Rds on a single Co-Motion touring bike and I can tell you why - WOW!!! They are so powerful and have unbelievable modulation and NEVER fade... They are amazing. Now if I could just get mine to adjust properly as the pads wear... They seem to be the ultimate disc brake for a tandem; unfortunately our current tandem does not have disc brake mounts so I have to just keep them on my single, but WOW!!! It is the brake power and feel you dreamed of for a tandem. So much confidence and control. The Hy/Rd is a quantum leap in disc brakes. I use them with Avid HSE rotors and they are dead quiet too, just a slight woosh sound and no squeal EVER!
You are experiencing the problem we are all having on the tandems in that the reservoir doesn't refill all the time and they don't adjust for pad wear. The return spring is not strong enough. Also you
can make them noisy on a tandem,you just need a big enough descent.

Last edited by akexpress; 12-07-13 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added info