Old 12-07-13, 11:28 AM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bconneraz
Here's my conversion; a 1987 Schwin Cimarron. So far this year, I've clocked 1900 miles on it, and despite being heavy, it's been the best commuter I've put together so far. It's built with a slew of fun parts that were on my previous mountain bikes; while it may look lke grandma's bike, closer inspection tells the story.

Really well done bconneraz, I dig the build as it's a cool mix of new and old! I'm surprised Thrifty Bill (wrk101) hasn't commented on your Cimarron, maybe he's on vacation because I'm sure he'll appreciate all the choice bits! Bill started this thread 104 pages ago and has done some fabulous conversion. My favorite being his "skinny" Cimarron, I love it because he was able to get his Cimarron down to 25 pounds and I couldn't get any of mine under 26... that damn magical pound elluded me on two different builds ('85 and '88 LE). Do you make the ride from the canyon to the sand? I live in North O.C. and frequent The Fullerton Loop and Carbon Canyon, I don't make it down your way often these days but I sure do love and enjoy the trails that surround you!