Old 12-08-13, 11:44 AM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
It has to do with it because the guy opening this business is helping him deal with PTSD and all that stuff. Bringing this legal nonsense on this guy is a whole lot of unnecessary stress for him I'm sure.

The term in question is the name of a French town (or region perhaps) and also the name of a famous bike race. Fuji uses the name on one of their bicycles, and as I understand it Specialized actually worked out a deal with Fuji to use the name (Fuji using it first). So really Specialized should not have any grounds for claiming "ownership" to that term whatsoever. Not to mention all the other products out there (usually bijke products) that carry the name Roubaix. I haven't heard of any legal battles over ANY of that stuff. So why this guy's shop, why now?

I mean look at Blaupunkt car stereos. Every single car stereo model they make or have made in the past carried the name of some town or city in the world. Should they be sued for all that? Should they sue anyone else who uses a city name in the name of a product? Should that other company sue Blaupunkt? I think no to all of those, because it's just the freakin' name of a city. You can't claim ownership to that!