Old 12-09-13, 04:59 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5772 Post(s)
Liked 2,563 Times in 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by Nikon Rep
It is a well documented FACT that police edit, lose, delete, and other wise misplace video and audio from their patrol cars, motorcycles and body worn recorders.
If,as originally reported, the cyclist was struck from behind by the front of the police car, then the physical evidence will work against the driver. The video could only help exonerate him by showing something like the cyclist swerving, or something else supporting that the accident was unavoidable. I don't know how things working CA, but in many jurisdictions any loss or damage of the dash cam video would only increase suspicion of a cover up.

I'm not naive enough to believe all cops are honest, (keeps me off jury duty in criminal cases) but I do prefer to reserve judgement until the evidence is in and I've heard the story (if I ever do).

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.