Old 12-10-13, 03:43 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by blacknbluebikes
Gosh, I do wish that this part of New Jersey was more like Eugene, Oregon.
FAHGETTABOUTIT !
I guess we could let people walk across Route 3... but NJ drivers don't stop much for pedestrians where they don't belong... and no one is really walking on the New Jersey Turnpike much, either.

One has to realize that the Meadowlands Stadium was built in a swamp where our industrial forefathers dumped lots of toxic stuff and no one walked there for years, except maybe Euell Gibbons and Jimmy Hoffa's killers. Now, I guess you could walk across one of the highway off ramp / entry ramps that have no sidewalks. And those ramps don't have sidewalks because they're not connected to any place that people walk. We're talking swampland, a bit of heavy industrial (think big press machines crushing old car bodies) and highways.

The question is not really "why can't you?" ... but "why would you?" Anyone from around this part of NY / NJ thinks it's kinda funny that walking to the game would occur to anyone. And you do NOT want to be the last guy at the tailgate...
The question is, "Why have we built cities that cannot be walked in?" And tailgating is not allowed at the Super Bowl. Go through the drive thru on your way to the game, or purchase an $18 hot dog at the stadium.

"Think Outside the Cage"