Old 12-10-13, 09:47 PM
CrankyOne

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia
I assume that you do not have first-hand experience working with LEO. I have closely worked with them for most of my professional career.

I think that you are wrong and you are vastly overstating a problem that, while it does exist, is not as wide spread as you or other may want to make it seem.
I've written about LE for nearly three decades. I've written about cops with lucrative drug businesses and a surprising number who got freebies from the local brothels. I've written about cops beating up drug dealers who invaded their own turf and an entire division busted for illegal property seizures. Then there were the cops caught on tape threatening newbies to keep their mouths shut or their wives would pay.

I've also written about heroic rescues and acts of kindness. And I've written about cops caught on surveillance cams filling their pockets with fishing stuff when they were investigating a break-in at a sporting goods store. BTW, three of the heroic and kind cops were busted stealing fishing gear. Help someone on Tuesday, steal from a small business on Thursday.

I wrote about a cop who spent his life helping women and girls who were trafficked and was quite successful at it. I also covered his funeral and spent time with his family afterwards. BTW, he was fully aware of the corruption in his department, but refused to speak up.

I don't know what your relationship was with LE or what departments you worked with, but I'm not aware of any today that are not like those Bouza wrote about in his book.