bconneraz

Bikes: Cimarrons 1835, 0836, 1767, 3517, 0768, 3408, a LHT, and a couple others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
Yeah, terrific Cimarron!

Great inspiration. We should start a Cimarron thread!! I tried to snag another one, but missed out. All the bikes I have, and my $15 Cimarron is my favorite.

Its one of Schwinn's sleeper vintage bikes.

Good excuse for me to post my latest iteration of the Cimarron. I swapped out rear racks with a nice one I picked up at the Habitat for Humanity store. Handles my vintage Madden panniers quite well. The rack is pretty nice, its modular (three pieces), so really adjustable for fit. No idea who made it. Similar in shape to your tubular rack, but it has an extruded aluminum deck.

great looking bike; I wanted green bad, and looked forever. Red popped up and the rest is history. I worked at a Schwinn shop back in the 80's, and remember one of my co-workers getting a green Cimarron. He took it apart, painted it cammo, and re-assembled it. From that day, I always wanted one. A cimarron thread would be great; really, I have some amazing bikes, vintage and modern, and if I had to pick just one, my Cimarron would be it.

And Frantik- just keep an eye on ebay; they either pop up for crazy cheap (I should have bought the last frame and fork I saw for 75 bucks a month or so ago) or they are crazy expensive. They are indeed gems.