Old 12-13-13, 09:47 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by lsberrios1
Yea, the commute during the summer won't happen. In the summer I ride when I get home from work so no biggie, in the winter however, commuting is a sensible choice to kill two birds with one stone since I don't feel like riding much for pleasure when it is too cold out.

Today was the day to bring the lock. My intentions were to leave it here once I got it here. Also, one of my co-workers told me I should bring the bike upstairs to the office.

Office shoes are pretty much a necessity (kind of). I can't walk from the parking deck to the office in bike shoes. They are SPDs but the cleats are non-recessive so not really walk able for the distance.
That's too bad - I'd swap pedals if it meant not carrying shoes. I used to change shoes in the parking lot, and came to really hate that part. That's just me, not "advice" since I know how personal pedals and shoes are.

When summer comes around you might have a different take on it. I did 10.5 miles here (Roswell/Alpharetta) for two summers with no shower at work. I found it to be inconvenient but not a real hardship. Starting earlier, low effort level and wipes + towel in the rest room kept it manageable. The key is morning shower and never wear anything that isn't freshly laundered - it's stale sweat that stinks.