View Single Post
Old 12-13-13, 11:00 AM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i will speak to this- but i will preface my response with a warning that most people think my program is wack!

Im a Sprinter and I lift 3 days a week 48-weeks a year, heavy.

in my experience, there is an adaption period- where you get used to operating with a much elevated level of fatigue in your legs. Once I adapted to this high level of fatigue- on bike training level goes back to where it was before the heavy lifting.. basically you figure out how to train hard and be fast when you are tired..
the 3rd phase is in the taper/peak. For me the weight work is an excellent, highly measurable metric of volume to cut when its time to peak for a key event... the biggest learning curve for me was just when to cut the weights pre-comp- and through some trial and error and some not so great race days, and some great ones, ive figured out i function better when i cut weights out relatively close to my big events..
I think its very personal athlete to athlete.. figuring out what works for you is a major part of the battle.. and i have realized that i am a highly Volume Dependent Athlete..

as for analyzing TSS- ive begun quantifying weight training with a manually entered TSS number in Golden Cheetah.. we'll see how it works and how it compares to my Fitness/Freshness numbers on Strava- which is only based on bike workouts..

Last edited by Quinn8it; 12-13-13 at 11:09 AM.