View Single Post
Old 12-13-13, 09:35 PM
Rimmer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by prooftheory
The fact that she offered $20 means that she recognised that she had made a mistake and she is probably likely to be more careful in the future as a result of it. I think that is the best possible outcome. Too many similar accidents would have resulted in the driver thinking that the bike was to blame, per FBinNY's story.
Not quite... actually she tried to blame me for everything until I explained all what happened including her going in the wrong direction. Then immediately after that she said didn't see me. How she couldn't see a great ball of throwing red light emitted parallel to the road's surface brighter than car taillights is beyond me. I don't think it's overkill, and no one as far as I know has complained about it. Only after I mention my lights and exchanging info is when she proceeded with offering money.

I'm thinking it wouldn't have happened if the bike lane wasn't there. I'm thinking she was on a cell phone, completely oblivious, or underestimated my speed thinking she could cut me off in time.

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
I suspect that the OP might take the bait from some of the more aggressive A&S enforcers and seek some sort of extra curricular after action justice/education (harassment) either in person or more likely through social media. Why else did he seek personal information about the license plate owner from questionable sources?
If she fails to see a great ball of red fire, then God knows what she might do next. You don't find it fishy that she offered money? Who does that? I suspect she has something to hide and didn't want me to call. By the way Chris516 hasn't given me any info yet.