smasha
Vegan on a bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by phoebeisis
Slight aside.
It might be interesting to see what the Lane Controlling vs FRAP breakdown is in respect to actually riding with a camera for evidence.
No it wouldn't tell us which was safer-but it might indicate which group feels most threatened-LC or FRAP.
It MIGHT indicate which group has the most "car encounters"
If FRAP is safer why are FRAPPERS dragging around cameras-same token if LC makes you safer,why the camera??

I would love to get some actual LC vs FRAP same direction "hit by car' numbers-to settle the LC vs FRAP interminable argument we love.
But these numbers might tell us something.
as mentioned previously, there are a lot of variables. having noted that, reviewing my own footage (front, rear, helmet) has pretty much validated just about everything on the LC side of the argument.

sure, there's still the occasional dip**** that doesn't know how to share, but FTMP a more VC style of riding does prevent a huge amount of the close-passes that were inadvertently invited by a meek lane position.

it's give and take. when i'm in front, i lead with confidence and most people "get it". when it's suitable to let others pass, i move over and (usually) wave them ahead.

short answer... when i learned how to take the lane with confidence, close passes dropped significantly. you won't need cameras to test it yourself, but a mirror does help.