Old 12-16-13, 08:27 AM
SmallFront

Bikes: Bullitt Milk Plus with Alfine 11s; Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
You're confounding my comments with FrenchFit's.
Only in an unimportant sense: FrenchFit compared the age of owners of Brooks saddles with the age of Porsche owners. I responded to that. You then responded with a post saying that a Brooks saddle wasn't as expensive as a supercar, to which I explained why I responded in the first place: That one couldn't compare them just because it happens to be older persons driving them both. If I at some point confused you and FrenchFirst, so be it, but I doubt it. You were the one comparing the "flawed" design of the Porsche with the "flawed" design of the Brooks.

You're explanation didn't do anything to clarify your point for me, so I'll just add that perception is important; maybe the reason the young folk don't buy Brooks' saddles even though they could afford one is because they see them as something for geezers. That, or perhaps they see them as low-tech, poorly suited, alternatives to saddles better suited to their needs and wants.
If it did nothing to clarify my point to you, that is your loss. Sometimes people are willingly ignoring things. There is nothing I can do to alleviate problems on your end with the reception.

As for image; Yes, perhaps younger people perceive it to be for "geezers", but that too is their problem. If you or the young people see them as "low-tech, poorly suited, alternatives", then again that is their problem. What's your point? That because a group of people (which seems to be mostly you) is poorly informed and/or care mostly about image, then therefore the reality is what it is according to that group (or rather, you who claim to speak on behalf of them)?