Old 12-18-13, 08:08 PM
Snookingfury

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dustygirl01
Sorry to hear about your knees. I have o.a. behind my one kneecap. It's not fun. The first couple of times I rode, my knee really swelled up, and I was only going about 3 miles on a rail trail. I guess the new activity threw it for a curve, but my knee eventually adjusted and doesn't give me any issues, even riding over 20 miles. I also have a bad wrist...chronic tendinitis from repetitive motion damage. I had to just keep adjusting my handlebars until I hit the best position. I found really comfortable grips made a big difference, too.
It's no fun I really didn't know how bad it was until I did something one day to one of them it got better but then one day I went running back up the stairs, something popped and I was lying at the top of the stairs on the floor making up swearwords for about 20 mins and it was down hill from that day on. I went and had the arthroscopic surgery on both knees to repair a torn miniscus as well as clean them out and it was at that point the Dr. told me how bad it was and that I really needed to ride a bike and loose some weight unless I wanted to have knee replacements in the next few years. He said with biking and weight loss I could put it off for 10 + years so that's my goal right now.

I did adjust my current bars up a little and that seemed to help the wrist issue but I still think I may be a little passed the old mountain bike. LOL