Old 12-21-13, 05:22 PM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
My weight goal was to get down to 155, which was my weight in college and all the way up to about age 45. For the next ten years I consistently put on weight, topping out at 180.

Hit myself (metaphorically) up-side the head in 2002 and demanded myself to return to 155. It wasn't easy folks, nor was it quick. And now that it's done it's not easy to maintain. But I do feel better and it has really helped my climbing.

Performance goals were to hit 10,000 miles for the year and 500,000 feet of climbing for the year. As of today, 12/21/2013 I have 10,783 miles and 582,305 feet of climbing, so both goals met and (slightly) exceeded.

I really didn't have any "event" goals, but I rode 21 centuries and 5 double centuries in 2013. Nothing brutally difficult though.

I was able to keep my schedule relatively consistent throughout the year:
Commute to work Mon./Wed./Fri. (about 16 mi. per day).
On Tues. and Thur. I did the evening club rides (about 25-30 mi. per ride).
On the weekends I would do a difficult climbing road ride in the mountains on Sat. and a recovery ride, often on fixed gear, on Sunday.

Of course there were exceptions, but that was my general schedule. No bad crashes, two cycling weeks lost due to flu in March.

Meaningless statistic: Strava shows that I rode for 743 hours and 52 minutes in 2013. Divided by 24 hour per day, I was on the bike for almost a month! Yikes . . .

Rick / OCRR

Last edited by Rick@OCRR; 12-21-13 at 05:33 PM.