Thread: Roadie A**Holes
View Single Post
Old 09-30-05, 12:36 PM
Paul L.

Bikes: Mercier Corvus (commuter), Fila Taos (MTB), Trek 660(Got frame for free and put my LeMans Centurian components on it)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seanholio
The best way to handle these guys is to draft them and NOT LET THEM SHAKE YOU.

I've done this a couple of times on my recumbent. A roadie will cut in front of me at a red light, so I grab their wheel and draft them. They keep looking back, try to kick it up a notch, so I follow them.

It kills me, and I go anaerobic for longer than I should, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

YES YES YES YES YES YES! Man that is the best feeling in the world. Some Richard Cranium on a roadbike isn't man enough to pass you on the run so he (haven't met a woman roadie who was a jerk, not to be sexist but it just hasn't happened yet) edges in front of you at the light while you are stopped and then you make him suffer while he tries in vain to drop you. Then after you have bolted along down the road at 27 mph or something like that for a mile or so he makes a convenient turn just as he is about to show weakness or fall off his bike or something embarassing like that.

Incidentaly I ride a Bacchetta Strada High Racer and it is really funny how some people assume it is a slow bike.