View Single Post
Old 12-23-13, 06:06 AM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Well I've been toying with a couple of ideas. A few years ago we, wife and I, sold our 70's pugs as we were moving south and hadn't used them in years. They were our touring bikes back in the day. But.. well you all know life gets in the way and touring gave way to riding on dirt paths. So the pugs were reduced to indoor trainers in the basement. Guess how many times they were used at that point? Fast forward to today, we are living in Fl next to a great 46 mile rail trail. While I love my Giant Escape RX 0 I would love to get my hands on a good old pug again. So the hunt begins….. of course without paying 10X what I paid back in 72.

The other thing in the back of my mind is maybe a used carbon fiber bike as I haven't a drop handle bike for around 25 years or so. It would need to be fairly inexpensive. I've been looking at Bike Island for a while now but nothing has popped yet. The prices they seem to be going for on ebay are too high IMHO and anything that is posted on the local craig's list is either all used up or owned by a pipe dreamer. Any ideas on a good model to look for in the $1k range (used of course)?