Old 12-24-13, 03:35 AM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
I'm right at 2500 miles for the year and hoped for 3k. There's lots of reasons but I have no one to blame but myself for not making the last 500 miles. I've lost about 60lbs and have got myself into decent "starter" shape. I still have a long way to go but feel like this year I did pretty good. I did manage several accomplishments but also had a few goals not met. First ride of the year was 7 miles and I thought I was going to die lol. Longest ride of the year was 88 miles. I had to drop out of two rides. Both were heat related exhaustion but one of them was the MS150 and I was really devastated to have not finished the MS.

For 2014 I hope to
ride 5k(4k is probably more realistic)
signed up for a 5 day tour
this year complete the MS150
at a WI rally to be able to handle the long rides
I'm at 225lbs now. I would really like to see me below 200lbs.
I've got to say, dropping 60 pounds is encouraging! I'm still around 280, but rode a little over 3,000 miles this year. My big goal isn't so much cycling related, it's too finally eat better, including planning meals and cooking at home. Clearly the eating is the big component for me, because you'd think cycling over 3,000 hilly miles should have some impact on my weight, but I must admit to feeling hungry every 3 or 4 hours now that I'm more active and to eating extra poorly because I figure I'm burning some calories. :/

We're moving to a new place a little further out, so my commute will be a little longer, but I've given up on trying to go to back to college 5 days a week and work 3 nights a week, so I think my commuting mileage is going to roughly balance out. I would like to get in a little more pleasure riding so I'll set my goal for 2014 for 3,500 miles. I don't use a computer, so I have no idea what my elevation gains are. I should look into using a phone ap for that.