Old 12-24-13, 01:18 PM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Isaiahc72
I recently decided to try and sell a beater bike. I have 2 of them. So I put and ad online for each of them and the plan was whichever one sells first, I keep the one that doesn't. But now, someone wants to buy both of them from me. This will leave me with my Trek 7.1FX as my only bike. I don't have any bus routes around here. I just gotta ask, how long is it possible for a completely car-free person to last without a secondary?
Don't do it! I have 2 beater bikes too, and they are worth their weight in gold to me. They take on all bad weather rides, rides where I might have to lock them up, and all hazardous duties, all at the same time giving up a good ride...I paid $50 for one, wheels were trashed on it, but I had some wheels I have taken off other bikes laying around. Slapped them on, rides like a clock. I road it doing the salt covered roads right after the snow, rainy days all of that. The other one is a rust bucket, ($70) but it has a sweet ride. This is the one I mainly will take if I have to locked it up.. Recently the rear will got damaged on this bike. Enter the other beater bike to take up duty. That is why 2 beater bikes are the ideal. It would a awful to be without a beater bike. That would mean on rainy days, and hazardous duty, you would have to take one of your prize bikes, or don't ride..

Just my two cents...