Old 12-25-13, 10:50 AM
Bluish Green
Bicycle Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by arsprod
Ooh, those are way cool! Do you wear glasses underneath (if not, would they fit)?
No, I don't wear eyeglasses underneath. They are designed to fit over eyeglasses, though. I just tried them on over my clear safety glasses, and they fit fine.

The Visorgogs are pretty cool. They have a built-in blue visor that actually functions pretty well as a sunblock for low sun (like a baseball cap's brim). They block the wind great, and they have two vents on top of the visor part that allow enough air flow to defog the goggles pretty effectively in the bitter cold.

They're cheap too, like $6. I put on my balaclava first, then my bike helmet, then the visorgogs go on last (they use an elastic strap).

The biggest negative is that there isn't any way to use my take-a-look mirror with them. Plus they would probably not be great for warm weather. For cold weather bicycling, though, they are great.

They are actually designed for science lab technicians and are used to guard against chemical splatters, etc. But I've seen them mentioned on Ice Biking websites, and they have this cool secondary use as eye protection for cycling in the bitter cold. Get a pair and try them, they work well.