Old 12-26-13, 10:26 AM
dhender02

Bikes: Felt Z85 & Trek 7.3FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by peckma
Kudos for wanting to patronize your local LBS. I faced a decision earlier this year: the bike I wanted was not carried by my preferred LBS. I explained the situation to the owner, who said "we appreciate every dollar you spend here, even if it's just a dollar." Bought the bike at another shop, and had its breakin service done there. But, from there on forward, I take it to my preferred LBS for service, parts, etc.

Keep in mind: a bike purchase is a one shot deal. Bike maintenance, parts and apparel are an on-going relationship.
This is exactly what I'm in the midst of doing... The bike I wanted, my favorite LBS did not carry it. However, the LBS that carried it is no where near as good and service oriented as my favorite LBS. So bought the bike and planned to do the same after the break-in service period, use my favorite LBS there afterwards... Actually, after I purchased my bike, I headed directly to my favorite LBS with my new bike in tow. Confessed my sin of cheating on them, asked for forgiveness, and then bought all of my accessories (wireless computer, water cage, saddle bag & repair kit, and clipless pedals for my new bike. They wholeheartedly understood, forgave me and happily installed all of my accessories onto my new ride..

Last edited by dhender02; 12-27-13 at 12:03 PM.