Old 12-27-13, 01:43 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5703 Post(s)
Liked 2,428 Times in 1,343 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Is it my imagination or do some A&S posters have one heck of a lot of negative interactions with traffic and seem to be constantly beefing about everybody else's behavior? Must be difficult to be a perfect citizen among so much driving and cycling incompetence as well as indifference to reports of this intolerable situation.
+1, Rude and inconsiderate driving is a fact of life. Maybe I'm jaded, or simply used to it living here in the NYC metro area, but While I see lots of rude driving, I don't see as much of what I'd call dangerous driving. IMO bicycling (and driving) isn't like playing horse shoes, and there's no score for misses or even close calls.

My standard for the difference between rude and dangerous driving is based on whether evasive action on my part was required to avoid a collision. If not, just another a-hole, if yes then a real potential accident.

BTW- while companies generally don't take what most people would call action in response to complaints about drivers, they do record them. If drivers get above a target number of complaints then they elevate it to something serious.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.