Old 12-29-13, 04:50 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
That is why I live where I live. seriously I have moved from places simply because of the weather. But as far as a life after cycling my hope is if I can't ride Diamond frame I will get a Recumbent Trike and continue as long as I can move my legs and see where I am going. Already have my LBS on Notice to look for a nice Cat trike to take in trade someday. One of the men I used to admire the most was an old guy of 84 that I used to ride with now and then. He had to give up two wheels for three. We did a ride together on a Friday just before his 85th birthday and joked about getting ready for his birthday ride. That Saturday night/Sunday morning he passed away in his sleep. He simply had a life that included cycling right up to the end.
One of my dad's friends was like that: he rode almost every day until about age 80, then got Alzheimer's and had to quit, while still in good shape otherwise. He would have described himself as a road rider and racer, but he had commuted to work and after he retired he did grocery runs and such on his bike.

Those who think about quitting because they think they're "too old" should think long and hard. Not riding will for sure not make you any younger, and could have the opposite effect.

"Think Outside the Cage"