View Single Post
Old 12-29-13, 07:19 AM
bramble43

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Viking e-go 24

I ordered a new viking e-go 24 which arrived on the saturday before christmas, I assembled/pdi'd it and put it in the shed since the weather has been so bad.

Yesterday, 28th It was dry so decided on a little ride to the post office in next village down.
Very shortly into the ride i noticed a judder when braking which on looking briefly I assumed it to be the rim joint which wasn't quit perfect and carried on.

Not much further it was binding without breaking, Having a good look and found this.

The rim has split and was getting worse so I let some of the air out and released the front brake cable and took it the mile home.

I've had a good look and there are no dents or anything to suggest it has been hit, dropped or otherwise damaged.

I've not taken the wheel out and tyre off as I thought i'd see what the distributor says first, I'm sure to get a 'customer damaged' response although we have no kerbs to bump into, no potholes and at nearly 42 i'm not into doing bike stunts any more.

I've done a search and found nothing on viking warranty, has anyone any previous on what to expect from them?

More pics below.

Last edited by bramble43; 12-29-13 at 07:23 AM. Reason: added photos