Old 12-29-13, 04:21 PM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RChung
Click on "View-> Add Chart". You ought to see it there.
Yep- got it

Woah. That's nice. Lucky you.
actually- i work in the evenings- and i find that the weekday morning sessions at VSC are nearly empty, and i know the guys well enough to ask for some space if i need to get something done..

I generally tell people to do this five-minute test, just so they understand what they need to do. For this, you don't need to go to the track, or do anything fancy. Just find a nearby quiet street. Ride a couple of times either up and down the street or perhaps around the block holding your position fixed down in the drops; then sit up with your hands on the bar tops for another couple of laps or loops. Download the data and look at it with Aerolab. You ought to be able to see the difference between down in the drops and up on the bar tops. If you hit the brakes, you ought to be able to see a little jump in the "virtual elevation." If a car passes, you ought to see that. If the wind is blowing you ought to be able to see a difference in one direction vs. the other. If there's a little hill, you ought to be able to see that.
I will try to give this a try soon..

any links to basic "How To" on AeroLab? so i don't have to ask the truck load of stupid questions i will have as i try to figure this out..

my initial project with this would be trying to test a few wheel sets..
-I have a set of generic carbon 88mm's that i use for mass start and TT back-up wheels- that id like to get a base-line from.
-I have a Rear Disc, Front 5-Spoke, and Front Disc and id like to see how they compare to the 88's and which front wheel is faster at VSC for Kilo.

thanks for all your help on this!