Old 12-29-13, 06:17 PM
Krazy Koz
enjoy the ride

Bikes: The Ship of Theseus - the only bicycle that I own or have ever owned. It is a bike that I built, with a constantly shifting constellation of parts & frames.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Isaiahc72
I recently decided to try and sell a beater bike. I have 2 of them. So I put and ad online for each of them and the plan was whichever one sells first, I keep the one that doesn't. But now, someone wants to buy both of them from me. This will leave me with my Trek 7.1FX as my only bike. I don't have any bus routes around here. I just gotta ask, how long is it possible for a completely car-free person to last without a secondary?
In my case, seven years...and I've only ever owned one bike at a time. This is mostly due to the fact that I'm an amateur bike mechanic and can do all of my own repairs. If you can't, then you at least need to be able to get your bike to your LBS without too much trouble. There are only two things that I can imagine that would rob you of your bike: mechanical failure or theft; being to able to do your own repairs solves the former, while bicycle insurance takes care of the latter. I have both and never worry about only owning a single steed.