Old 01-01-14, 09:07 PM
smasha
Vegan on a bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
If I'm down, my camera isn't going to focus that well on the license plate of the fleeing crew cab that nailed me.
it happens - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqSp4XZX0CU

I devote my energies into staying out of the way of low flying crew cabs! Some of you would be well advised to do the same. All the settlement money in the world isn't going to re-attach your hoo-hoo if you let some cager run over it! Would you rather have a picture of the hoo-hoo with the distinctive tread pattern of Goodyear All-Season Kevlar Bead Radials on it or would you like it safe and snug in your commuter pants??
no one is suggesting that a camera is a substitute for defensive riding, common sense, on-road bike training course, etc.

A student asked his old Sufi Master if he should tie up his camel for the night, so that it wouldn't wander away while they were sleeping or if doing so was an insult to God. Should he leave the camel untied to show his trust in God that the camel wouldn't run away? The Master replied "Trust God AND tie up your camel."
ride safely AND get video.

worst case scenario: the police and coroner can use my video to identify my killer.

That's about what I figured. I guess the word credibility means nothing to you. Because you've got none now. All your bluster is revealed for what it is: BS. You got lucky and we all knew that. Your protests about nothing at all... you just made yourself look more and more ridiculous. I don't want to be anywhere around when the Karma from all that arrogance and lack of accountability comes round to bite your saddle warmer.
boo ****ing hoo. another case of someone who's infalable saying that video cameras are useless, crying and moaning that someone is actually getting results and pissing on your "cameras are useless" theory. next time i'll just claim to be perfect, huh?

you want to see a video of me breaking the law? here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udrUmqcNsU8

call the police. they know where to find me