Old 01-02-14, 09:17 AM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 273 Posts
My last known max hr is 192 and I haven't seen that in a while. Our flat/fast club route we do every other week is a out n back up the coastline. The strava segment for when the gas turns on is 16.6miles traveled at average of 25mph or 37-38mins. The second half of that segment is 8.7miles and pr'd at 28mph ave. Heart rate in that segment is in the high 170 and low 180s pending how the wind is blowing and how fast we're rotating on the front. Max hr pegs around 184. There is a sprint point about 1k from a small bridge that goes over the railroad tracks. The slight decent is enough to get a lead out up to around 40mph into the wind and the sprinters kick it up to 45+ fighting for the line. Lately I've been partnering with a my best friend and lead him out trying to deliver him as close to the line as possible, usually there are a few efforts from others coming off the bridge. But I use my extra weight advantage off the hill as a launch pad n hold the momentum

Then we turn around and race back at slightly slower pace cuz the road curves into the head wind more often then not. Group is usually strung out single file from bike lane to yellow line into the wind.
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.