View Single Post
Old 01-02-14, 07:09 PM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I'm sorry, George, but you're wrong. You do the OP's workouts and job and see how you do. Medical science and coaches are on my side with this. The other side is populated by folks who make money off the credulity of our poorly educated population. Call this an intervention.
."
I would like to say that we'll have to agree to disagree... But I don't think that that is really correct...

The problem is that you have picked a few researchers and their research and declared that it is not only valid -- but the ONLY valid research...

And, in the field of nutrition, that seems to happen far too often.

The fact is: with a few exceptions (like consuming large amounts of simple carbs while sitting on a couch), the research has been inconsistent and inconclusive -- and there are simply too many unanswered questions out there. And, complicating the matter is the marvelous complexity and adaptability of the human body. And, further complicating it is that typically a researcher will do research into a narrow question and then announce that it is THE answer -- when, in fact, it is a piece of THE answer...

I am glad that you have had success with your chosen diet. But a LOT of people have had success with THEIR chosen diets... That doesn't prove anything except that we still don't have THE correct answer. Actually, we have a whole lot of semi-correct answers...

... My advice to the op stands: "Do your own research and tread carefully. And, beware of the person who tells you that his answer is the only correct answer. Your job is to learn from him, not just obey him. Keep an open mind."