Old 01-03-14, 09:21 AM
Balsawings

Bikes: Trek Crossrip 2.1, Trek Dohmane 2.3, Sun EZ Sport AX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Recumbomatic
I have an old RANS Rocket, which similarly has a non-adjustable seat pan. You might try adding an extra piece of foam under the seat cover near the front to help keep you from sliding off, maybe sculpting the foam, or a different type of foam. I replace my original foam pad with a piece of much denser, memory-type foam, cut with scissors to fit. Much more comfortable!
Thanks for the advise Recumbomatic. If I'm able to get the longer handlebars, I hope to recline the back a bit more and the seat pan might become a problem. I've been running this through my head for a while and have a couple of ideas I want to try out.

On an unrelated note, I added fenders to the EZ Sport yesterday. They were intended for the Sport and they mostly fit fine. The front fender went on with no problem at all:

The rear fender was a bit more of a problem. The two elongated holes in the fender had to be lengthened in order to match up with the bike frame. Also the mounting at the top hole did not match the fender. I was worried about undue stress on the fender causing the fender to crack so I fashioned a neoprene wedge to help match the angles and give some shock relief to the fender. The problem is as much caused by the bike frame as the fender. Over all I'm happy with the installation and look of the fenders.

In this picture you can see the neoprene wedge

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN0290.jpg (94.9 KB, 239 views)
DSCN0292.jpg (94.6 KB, 239 views)
DSCN0287.jpg (102.8 KB, 242 views)
DSCN0288.jpg (92.4 KB, 250 views)