Old 01-03-14, 07:08 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokehouse
For the love of God...how about I just say what so many of you really want to hear:

Nothing makes a single shred of difference, I'm full of crap. I have no scientists following me around with 1.5 million dollars worth of test equipment therefore everything thing I claim, no matter how small that claim may be, is complete and utter BS (and I am an imaginative moron for having though it in the first place).

OP...listen to these guys. Nothing you will buy will make a crap-bit of a difference. Buy a GMC bike from Amazon and be happy because this is literally the best riding experience you will ever get. Nothing...and I mean NOTHING will make even the slightest difference in performance no matter what anything tells you...because you will never have the die hard scientific data to prove it.

There...you guys happy with that response?
Check out one of the saddle threads, 'cause you're clearly having a butthurt problem.

I don't think that anyone is saying that there's zero difference, but people will call out extraordinary claims. Your claim of gaining a couple mph when in the 40 mph range falls in to the extraordinary range. With a combined bike and rider weight of 180 lbs, it'd take an additional ~300 watts or so from the rider to speed up a couple mph, assuming they were coasting at ~40, yet you say you've achieved those gains from the wheels alone. That's a lot of energy savings from a pair of wheels, everything else equal.