Old 01-04-14, 01:13 AM
Minnesota Expat
Yeah, you betcha!

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale EVO 5, 2006 Trek 1000, and early 70's Manufrance Hirondelle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleave
BTW, red bikes are faster than bikes of any other color.
Yeah, yeah. And we know it's true that cops always stop red cars for speeding, right? The bottomline; Ms Expat thinks my bright and shiny white, green and blue ride is "hot". And at the end of the day, I know where my bread is buttered . Which leads me to a good story (the back story is, our daughter is starting school next year at an exclusive and expensive private college);

So a few weeks ago I called Ms Expat over to the computer and showed her a picture of the $4,400 EVO Red with SRAM Red components. I tell her all about it, she patiently says, "Nice bike". I forget about the EVO Red and we have a nice Christmas and New Years. Fast forward to this afternoon. I go for a ride, then go for a test ride on the EVO, spend a lot of time with Beau, buy the bike ($2,200), get fitted, drive home, and try to sneak it into the garage.

Ms Expat is too smart for that, she pokes her head into the garage and says, "I suppose you bought your dream bike and I'm figuring that $4,400 bike is your birthday present (next month), right?". She smiles and shuts the door. So. I was trying to sneak a $2,200 bike into the house and the Household CEO was okay with me spending $4,400?! All I'm thinking is, how do I return this and buy the EVO 3? Go figure (insert head-slap here).

Last edited by Minnesota Expat; 01-04-14 at 01:21 AM.