Old 01-05-14, 06:52 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan333SP
Your program is interesting and I appreciate it, I wasn't criticizing you and it does highlight some things that are lost on some cyclists- why buy deep carbon aero rims if you never ride in the drops? People can feel however they want about cycling, I was just expressing my personal viewpoint that buying bits to improve speed in a non-competitive environment or in lieu of personal fitness gains is a waste of money, but if it makes that person happy then good for them.
Doesn't sound at all like you think that's good for them. But ferchrissakes, so many things in life are a waste of money. Expensive locally-roasted coffee doesn't have any more caffeine than stale, burnt-ass Starbucks. You can get just as drunk on two-buck Chuck as you can on a $40 bottle of Cabernet from a respected vineyard. You can get where you're going in a Toyota just as quickly and easily as you can in a Mercedes. Cotton sheets will keep you just as warm as silk. But good coffee and wine taste better. A Mercedes is more luxurious than a Toyota. Silk is softer than cotton. Where any of us draws the line on any particular item depends greatly, but a nicer experience is certainly worth something.