Old 01-06-14, 07:19 PM
scroca
commuter and barbarian

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheEnthusiast
Well it all started when I was a sophomore in high school(2010) ... had grown to an obsession restoring and riding old ten speed from the 70's and 80's. So after graduating in May of 2013 I rode my 1988 Schwinn Sprint every day back and forth the same boring route. So one day I decided to go ahead and knock on the door and ask about the bicycle... I finally saw the brown Peugeot racing bike up close for the first time. I still don't remember the model but it was love at first site and I had to have it... I knocked for about five minutes and left continuously coming back for the next two weeks with no sign of anybody home...I asked him about the bike on his porch and he said that he didn't want to get rid of it because maybe he would ride it someday... So I rode my bike the same route as always and the bike wasn't there no more... He was a dick, yes, and very selfish. I cant believe he is going to let that thing die untouched. I still think about it to this day and wish I had a Peugeot 10 speed.
So the implication is that a property owner is in the wrong because you want something of his to the point of obsessing over it and that you believe he is wrongful in his ownership and rude and undeserving.

What do you mean he's selfish? Are you kidding?!? It's not your property. He told you no and you pestered him again. No wonder he got irritated.

Now you're posting online about it. Get over it.