Old 01-07-14, 01:35 PM
LCFJ60

Bikes: Trek 950

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from PNW

Been a silent member here since August 2012 when I decided to get back into bikes and start commuting to work. I bought myself a '92ish Trek 950 mtb and converted it into all weather commuter and have been riding every since. I've found this site to be very informative and entertaining, both of which I hope to contribute to in the future.

In my younger days I raced BMX bikes in Texas and SoCal, traveling to nationals whenever I (my parents) could. When I became bored of that I switched over to free styling BMX bikes. I raced a lot of different bikes from my favorite Hutch ProRacer to GT to Champion bikes. I free styled a Hutch TrickStar and a Haro. When I got older, in my late teens, a friend convinced me to try riding road bikes, so I bought a Bianchi Brava and tried a few 100 mile rides, "Hotter than Hell 100" and the "Goatneck 100" are two that I remember.

Then.....I got married and had kids and gave up riding.

Fast forward twenty years to now. I'm ready to get up from the desk and back into shape (who are we kidding, round is a shape right?). Oh, and last year I commuted a total 1,705 miles.

Happy riding all, hope to see you around the forums.

Cheers