View Single Post
Old 01-07-14, 05:39 PM
spdoran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Handlebars... Too many to choose from

I just recently got into road cycling after years of mountain biking. I picked up a Trek 1.5 with the triple up front and I have been loving it so far, but obviously I have been wanting to tweak some things especially with all of the after christmas sales going on. One thing I have been looking into changing are the bars. My local bike shop is having a pretty good sale on bars right now- some easton, 3t and some other good brands. The only problem is I have no clue what I am looking for I just know there has to be room for improvement over my Bontrager stock bars. I ride a good bit with a lot of nice climbs and pretty quick descents and I spend most of my time in the drops if that helps for what I need. I'll talk to the guys at the bike shop when I go back to look tomorrow, but I was going to see what everyone on here said first. Should there be a general dimension that I should look for, or is there a go to bar that everyone uses? Should I just go with what is on sale at my LBS or just wait it out and get something proven online?

Thanks in advance for all of the help.