View Single Post
Old 01-08-14, 08:30 AM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ftwelder
I have been trying to eat high quality foods for several years and don't buy much of anything from the grocery store any more. We buy bulk dried organic beans/seeds, support two CSA farms, have our own patch, and wood lot and cattle/pig/chickens that live next door to me and roam free on a very big plot.

Production food is pretty disgusting to me at this point. I find packaged food, organic or not to be loaded with sugar or oils that I don't want. I do feel good but I know my current habits won't protect me from past behavior or other dangers. The organic "craze" has lowered the overall quality of organic food because big producers are in the game now and putting the hurt on small producers and refining deceptive descriptions. Also, we had to give up television to make more time to work in the kitchen/yard.
That sounds ideal -- sort of one-step beyond organic...
... I suspect most Americans would not believe it possible to eat like that (at least the ones that I know...)