Old 01-09-14, 12:00 AM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmaT120
I guess a walking speed is slow enough, as I've run over a rabbit on foot whilst running.

I wish that video would get shown here. My wife had a truck stop, then pull out in front of her once (she was not speeding, it was a 55 zone), so have I, and a friend of mine at work was recently the one who pulled out in front and got nailed.

Now that I think about it, none of the three wrecks I mentioned had anybody speeding. But I still like the video and wish it would be shown here.

I'm afraid to ask B.Carfree how his story turned out.
I guess I left that out. As the child's face grew in my windshield, there was a puff of smoke from the tailpipe of the car. With that, her acceleration combined with my deceleration allowed everyone to roll away unscathed, although I did get my first gray hairs that summer.

Oddly enough, I was only driving a tomato truck because I had a desire to know why the folks driving them were such menaces to the cyclists on our local roadways. I learned that there is a tremendous variation in quality depending on company and that the safest firm was steadily taking over the tomato-hauling market. I also found out that those folks can drive twelve hours per day on sixteen hour shifts and not take a single day off over a four-week period. It's not so much that they are driving distracted as they are hallucinating from sleep deprivation.

Back on topic, it's odd how over and over again we have discussions in A&S regarding the impact of speed differential in car/bike relationships. Genec posts a wonderful video dealing with one aspect of the hazards of driving too fast for conditions and people attack it as not bike-specific enough.