View Single Post
Old 10-01-05, 09:17 PM
lilHinault

Bikes: .

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I didn't have my small biz and wasn't all interested in bike racing this would be easier. It has been tricky a few times to deal with stuff, or know I"m missing out on stuff, when doing my buying bike-only. The decider is that I'd like to have at least a few years getting out there and trying to stay out of the way, in bike racing. And very interested in the velodrome. It's just very hard to do that sort of thing without a car to get around to events, keep spare wheels, etc in.

And I rode motorcycles for years. I'm sorry, car drivers hate them MORE. I was doing some very serious deep thinking about whether I could get away with getting a m/c again and doing buying and bicyclee stuff with that, and the answer was no. So the conclusion was that sooner or later I was going to need to look for a car with as good gas mileage as possible, and don't get any more car than needed. Don't get a minivan if a hatchback will do, and at the dealership it was the Matrix wagon vs. the prius, 35-odd MPG vs. the Prius' Awfully Good MPG (some drivers get the EPA numbers, some don't.)