Old 01-10-14, 04:37 PM
OgreXT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There's a new old guy in town

Howdy Everyone! Old and Surly Ogre here

Ten years ago i got all into fitness so I borrowed my Uncle Jack's mid 80's Road Rock Crusher, oops... I mean Cannondale, and took off riding on adventures never before imagined. Just like a (40yo) kid all over again. It was a wild and wonderful summer so I bought this Giant at Christmas as a leftover demo model from my LBS. It quickly became my trusty steed.

I've changed or upgraded everything you see on this frame except the Brifters. After riding this fer several years I purchased a beautiful Colnago. Truely a Dream Well, as life does sometimes, I had to back up and regroup so after only one summer on my Dream I sold it to my Uncle Jack for a very good deal. (As a side note here, he is a great inspiration to me. He's 80 and rides the Colnago daily in Tucson. He's ridin' fer 50 years now!). Thru the years I tried commuting on the ol' Giant but always dreamed of being car-lite and doing most of my commuting and errands on a dedicated commuter. So as I put my life back together I moved into the city and I'm now an urban commuter. I have 2 grocery stores, a Farmer's Market, my LBS, and a DQ all w/in a safe 5 mile radius. So last year I bought this old Raleigh offa CraigsList. Mostly because of the dynamo headlight and the fenders.

Well I managed to bend the crank arms several times and they have some strange (British?) thread that isn't compatible w/ any modern pedals and I have completely worn out the rear wheel bearings / race. I am not putting any more $$$ in it!

Which brings me to my latest adventure.
I'm building a Surly Ogre as a dedicated commuter. I'll start a thread in the Commuter section if anybody wants to follow along, but here's the starting point...

Here's just one more pic of the entire stable. It includes my son's and my daughter's old bikes and my gf's bike. Oh yea, and a fixie.
Fixie is NOT fer me. NO! NO! NO! Run far! Run FAST!
I gotta get some of these listed on CL.....

May there be no stop signs @the bottom of your downhills!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
OCR.jpg (69.4 KB, 4 views)
RaleighCommuter.jpg (63.8 KB, 3 views)
OgreFrame.jpg (62.1 KB, 5 views)
theStable.jpg (52.9 KB, 4 views)