Old 01-11-14, 12:14 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Spld cyclist
I stood right there and heard every word and could cleary see the lines he was trying to read. There were only letters on the vision chart, but he kept saying numbers. The woman administering the test told him repeatedly that there were no numbers, but he continued to read out numbers after each such reminder. Maybe he was just flustered, but he seemed more confused than anything. Then he told her he forgot his glasses and basically begged for a pass, which is what she did. (Why anyone would go for a driver's license renewal without his glasses is entirely beyond me. It doesn't show good judgement.) I have no doubt in my mind that he should have failed that vision test. Maybe he would have been ok with properly corrected vision, but I don't think it is up to an employee at the DMV to make such a guess. If you can't prove adequate vision, you should not get a license. End of story.
You're right, I wasn't there. You were, so why are you angry with me? You were completely remiss in not reporting the DMV employee's gross breach of ethics! Don't confess to us. We can't do anything about the fact that a potentialy dangerous school bus driver has been given a CDL. This seems to be weighing on you quite a bit. How long ago did this happen? Less than a month ago? I'd make the call first thing Monday morning. Longer than that? Let it go. Forgive yourself, if you can... or not, but for the love of Pete, keep the details to yourself from now on.