View Single Post
Old 01-13-14, 03:14 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Mr222, as you say, the real test is always after a few hours.

Then there's the factors of your bike shorts, and if they work well for you, how stuff like chammy butter can be a help too for reducing friction, but certainly doesnt fix stuff like you have mentioned (and given how much you have ridden, you aren't a novice to recognizing seat issues)

again, it certainly seemed to me that rather small changes in positioning really made a difference for my riding comfort with the Brooks I own. Was this any more different than with previous non-leather saddles I've ridden on, maybe, although I suspect age has something to do with it. When I was younger I probably ignored stuff more and just lived with it)

PS I certainly agree with Peter, Paul and Mary (could not resist that) about approximating your road bike position, within reason. I figure that riding a heavy bike we work pretty darn hard most of the time, not the same forementioned hammering, but certainly steady hard work, and thats why I wouldnt want too much of an upright seating position, just because for my leg output, the bars can be a bit below seat level and given the proper reach forward, this puts me in my most efficient riding position of weight on legs, bars and bum, while still being ok for my neck and all that.

Last edited by djb; 01-13-14 at 03:25 PM.