Old 01-13-14, 09:58 PM
woodway
Squeaky Wheel

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 50 Posts
lonsomesteve's route is good. You can also just ride straight up Broadway which I do sometimes when I don't feel like going around. There is more traffic on Broadway than Fales Rd. but it's really not that busy. The other part of the route that is a little sketch is Yew Way - the road surface is poor and there are a lot of big trucks. During rush hour trying to get past the stop sign at Maltby Rd. can be a challenge. The top part of Woodinville-Duvall Rd. (after you turn right from 156th) is the part that I think sucks. The shoulder is uneven and has a lot of sewer grates. Right now there are tree limbs on the shoulder from this weekends windstorm and large rocks from the retaining wall often find there way there. Be prepared to take the lane if you need to but be aware that cars will be going fast here. After you turn left to continue on the Woodinville-Duvall Rd. it's fine. In November the city of Woodinville repaved and restriped this section so it's smooth with a nice wide shoulder. There is a bike lane through downtown Woodinville - it's got some debris in it but it's generally fine.